BIG TOM Driving School Franchise Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and is registered with the ICO. The rules on the processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation.
Who are we?
Tom Ingram (Owner of BIG TOM Driving School) is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Contact: info@BIGTOM.org.uk
The purpose of processing your personal data – franchisees
- Management of the franchisee communications
- Tracking for quality and training purposes
- Distribution of resources and monitoring
- Aid our financial and audit trails
- Effective customer liason
- Communication of franchise information
The categories of personal data concerned
The personal data you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, DVSA registration identifiers, status of qualification, pupil tracking information, driving school insurance, membership of driving instructor association.
- Consent of data subject
- Processing necessary for the performance of a service contract (or to take steps to enter into a contract) – franchise information
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – consent to non-disclosure agreement and franchise agreement
- Processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller – verification of DVSA, insurance data
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the data controller – any specific needs required for the efficient recording of data for day to day purposes such as traceability when handling complaints
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with BIG TOM Administrative personnel.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for the above purposes.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no obligation to provide us with your personal data, but failure to do so will prevent us from progressing your franchise registration.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
to request a copy of it, to request we correct any inaccurate or out of date data, to request it be deleted where it is no longer necessary to retain such data, to withdraw your consent to the processing of it at any time.
In addition to the above rights:
to request we provide you with your personal data, when there is a dispute in relation to accuracy or processing to request a restriction is placed on further processing, to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact info@BIGTOM.org.uk with subject heading “FAO: Data Controller”. We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. There is no fee. If the request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive then we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
Queries/Requests/Concerns – In the first instance contact the Data Controller via info@BIGTOM.org.uk. If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or ico.org.uk and quote reference ZB248426
Any changes we may make to our privacy policies in the future will be posted on this (and other pages) and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.
This version was last reviewed 19/01/2024